Review Security Notebook

Thursday, April 21

12 p.m. Facilities staff reported graffiti in the men’s restroom of the Service Building. The drawing was a figure done in marker. A work order was filed for cleanup.

6:44 p.m. A student reported a strong odor of marijuana on the first floor of Barrows Hall. Officers responded and traced the odor to a room. Though nothing was found burning, officers confiscated and disposed of alcohol that was in plain view.

10:11 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Firelands Apartments. Smoke from burned oil caused the alarm, which was reset.

Saturday, April 23

12:23 a.m. Officers responded to a report of loud music and a strong odor of burnt marijuana at Firelands Apartments. Officers talked to the occupant of the room in question, who denied the complaints and closed the door.

1:26 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student, ill from alcohol consumption, at Kahn Hall. The student was able to answer all questions asked and declined medical attention. The student walked unassisted to their room for the night.

3:11 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption at Dascomb Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

4:10 p.m. An officer on patrol observed two non-College juveniles skateboarding on the west side of the Conservatory. The individuals were approached and advised that they were not permitted to perform skateboarding tricks on College property.

11:26 p.m. An officer requested transportation of an intoxicated student to their dorm from Drag Ball at the ’Sco, and the transportation was completed.

Sunday, April 24

1:22 a.m. An officer doing an exterior patrol of Wilder Hall observed a black bag in the bushes at the southeast corner of the building. The bag contained a cell phone, wallet and a bottle of alcohol. The alcohol was disposed of, and the owner of the backpack was contacted for pick-up.

1:29 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an intoxicated individual sitting near the western door of the Rathskellar in Wilder Hall. The individual was a visitor and was transported to their host in Keep Cottage.

1:33 a.m. A resident of Barrows Hall reported a broken glass bottle on the first floor lounge. An officer responded and contacted a custodial manager for cleanup.

8:58 a.m. Officers responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of Talcott Hall. A burned candle caused the alarm. An electrician was contacted, and the alarm was reset.

8:03 p.m. A student reported the theft of their computer, a silver 13-inch MacBook Air, from a lounge in Asia House. The computer was left unattended on a table in the lounge.

9:15 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle, a turquoise 18-speed Schwinn, from the bike rack at Lord House.

Monday, April 25

5:52 p.m. A resident of Lord House reported a strong odor of burnt marijuana on the second floor. An officer talked to the occupant of the room, who denied smoking. Nothing was observed in plain view.

8:25 p.m. A resident of a Village Housing Unit on Cedar Street reported a suspicious person holding a cell phone up to the window the previous evening. There was no description of the individual holding the phone.

Tuesday, April 26

8:50 a.m. A Peters Hall staff member reported that a student was struck by a vehicle while crossing the intersection of Main Street and Lorain Street. The vehicle did not stop. The student declined medical treatment at the hospital but was transported to Student Health for treatment.

10:03 a.m. Facilities staff reported non-offensive graffiti on three chairs, three tables and three benches on the south side of Burton Hall. The graffiti was written in pen, marker and spray paint. A work order was filed for cleanup.