Thursday, Nov. 3
8:45 a.m. Staff reported graffiti in black marker in a restroom on the first floor of Wilder Hall. A work order was filed for removal.
Friday, Nov. 4
12:04 p.m. Safety and Security officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Old Barrows. Steam from a shower triggered the alarm, which was reset.
2:31 p.m. Officers responded to a report of damaged merchandise at the Oberlin College Bookstore. Several items of clothing and tote bags were marked with a black marker. The value of the damaged items was estimated at $210. Members of the Oberlin Police Department also responded.
Saturday, Nov. 5
1:54 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption on the third floor of East Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
Sunday, Nov. 6
12:10 a.m. Officers on routine patrol observed an unauthorized party at a Village Housing Unit on Lorain Street. The party, which had approximately 150 people in attendance, most of whom were holding alcohol, was closed down.
1:16 a.m. Officers on routine patrol found the southwest entrance door to Finney Chapel ajar. It appeared the door had been forced open. They found nothing out of the ordinary inside the building, and filed a work order for repairs on the door.
1 a.m. Officers assisted a student ill from alcohol consumption. The student declined medical treatment. The facilities manager on call was contacted for clean up.
Monday, Nov. 7
2:56 p.m. Officers assisted a staff member who fell, possibly injuring their knee, in Stevenson Dining Hall. The staff member was transported by ambulance to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
11:15 p.m. An officer on routine patrol detected an odor of burnt marijuana coming from a group of students on the patio of Kahn Hall. The students stated they were only smoking cigarettes. Students were advised of College policy of smoking on campus.
Tuesday, Nov. 8
10:33 a.m. Officers assisted an injured staff person in Dascomb Dining Hall. The individual had re-injured a cut/burn and become lightheaded. Transport to the emergency room was declined at the time and the injury was re-bandaged.