Thursday, Dec. 1
10:25 a.m. Safety and Security officers were requested to assist an ill student in Dascomb Hall. The student was taken in an ambulance to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
12 p.m. Staff at the Science Center reported graffiti on the west side of the building. An obscenity was etched into the metal near the west entrance door. A work order was placed for removal.
Friday, Dec. 2
11:07 p.m. Officers working at Solarity responded to a student who tripped on the steps and assisted the student to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
11:36 p.m. Officers working at Solarity assisted a student ill from alcohol consumption by taking them to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment. The student was released at 1:15 a.m. and escorted to their residential hall.
Saturday, Dec. 3
12:48 a.m. An officer assisted a student ill from alcohol consumption in the restroom of Hales Gymnasium during Solarity. The student was escorted to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
1:20 a.m. An officer witnessed a student pick up a glass bottle from a Village Housing Unit and throw it onto the pavement outside the Science Center, breaking the glass. The student took responsibility and was documented for judicial review. A work order was led to clean up the glass.
1:57 a.m. Officers responded to a student request to locate one of two friends from another college who was visiting in order to attend Solarity. e visiting student was found intoxicated and asleep in his own vehicle in a College parking lot. Officers then accompanied the reporting student back to his residence.
10 a.m. An officer responded to a contractor’s report of vandalism to a freshly poured concrete sidewalk on Union Street. The matter is under investigation.
10:28 p.m. An officer responded to three students stuck in an elevator at South Hall. The elevator car did not stop level with the floor in order to exit. The elevator was removed from service until it could be checked or repaired.
Monday, Dec. 5
11:21 a.m. A food service employee reported their phone missing from its charger cord, which was left plugged in overnight in Stevenson Dining Hall. e phone is a white iPhone 4, valued at $50. e phone has not been located.
Tuesday, Dec. 6
12:11 a.m. An officer closing the Science Center found a door handle broken off and lying on the ground outside the south exit. Maintenance staff was notified for repair.
6:42 p.m. An officer and Maintenance staff responded to a carbon monoxide detector alarm at Talcott Hall. The damper was not set to allow the proper amount of air to circulate, and a repair was addressed by Facilities Operations.
9:39 p.m. An officer responded to a student who reported their wallet stolen from an unsecured locker at Philips gym between 7 and 9 p.m. Cash was missing from the wallet. No witnesses or suspects have been identified.
10:56 p.m. An officer and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a central alarm panel alert at Kade House. Since it was malfunctioning, an electrician changed the detector.
Wednesday, Dec. 7
11:53 a.m. An officer responded to assist a student who had fallen on the stairway of Peters Hall between the second and third floors. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital to be seen for any potential injuries.