Security Report

Thursday, Feb. 16

8:07 a.m. Safety and Security officers as­sisted a student who fell and injured their knee in Dascomb Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

1:10 p.m. Officers, members of the Oberlin Fire Department, elevator company personnel and a College electrician assisted individuals stuck in an elevator in Bibbins Hall.

3:22 p.m. Officers transported a student to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment of an injury received the previous night from a bi­cycle accident.

3:45 p.m. Officers assisted a student with an ankle injury at Philips gym. The student declined medical treatment and was transported to their dorm.

Friday, Feb. 17

1:14 p.m. Staff reported damage to the outer northwest corner of the Apollo The­atre. A 5 by 11-inch piece of black glass tile was broken. The molding was damaged and another piece of glass tile was cracked. A work order was filed for repair.

5:47 p.m. A student reported the theft of a mezuzah ornament from their room door sometime between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. The multi-colored glass of the ornament con­tains a scroll, which is valued at approxi­mately $80.

Saturday, Feb. 18

12:22 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Union Street apartments. The cause of the alarm was smoke from cook­ing. The area was cleared and alarm reset.

Sunday, Feb. 19

1:35 a.m. Officers assisted an intoxicat­ed student in Tappan Square. The student was able to answer all questions asked and walk on their own. The student was trans­ported to their dorm for the night.

4:10 p.m. Officers assisted a student who cut their finger in the kitchen area of Tank Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Tuesday, Feb. 21

2:32 p.m. Officers assisted a student who was feeling ill on the second floor of King Building. The student declined medi­cal assistance.

6:51 p.m. Officers assisted a student who fell down the steps in Stevenson Din­ing Hall, injuring their ankle. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

6:38 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of East Hall. An off-center detector was found to be the cause of the alarm. A College electrician repaired the detector and reset the alarm.