Security Report

Thursday, April 6
11:15 a.m.
Conservatory staff reported that posters advertising performances were torn down from various areas in the Conservatory. The incident is under investigation.

4:36 p.m. Safety and Security officers assisted an injured staff member at the Philips gym weight room. The individual received a 3–4-inch laceration on their head when a hook fell o a rack, striking them. The individual went to the emergency room on their own.

Friday, April 7

10:36 a.m. Custodial staff at Langston Hall reported a student near the first floor with what appeared to be grafiti supplies. The student left the area prior to an officer’s arrival. Grafiti was found in the area, and a work order was led for cleanup.

1:15 p.m. A custodial staff member reported that their parked vehicle on the south side of Fairchild House was struck by another vehicle, causing minor damage. There were no injuries. Both parties exchanged information.

1:57 p.m. Officers assisted a student who was struck in the head by ice that had fallen from a tree while walking in Wilder Bowl. The student was transported to the Student Health Center for treatment.

11:36 p.m. Safety and Security officers responded to complaints of loud noise coming from a Village Housing Unit on Pleasant Street. The residents were advised that their party should end. Officers remained in the area until the party attendees dispersed.

Saturday, April 8
7:57 p.m.
Safety and Security officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a re alarm at a Union Street Housing Complex. Burned cooking oil set o the alarm. The area was cleared and alarm reset.

11:55 p.m. Safety and Security officers responded to a loud noise complaint at a Union Street Housing Unit. Several apartments were observed to be hosting unauthorized parties. The officers made contact with hosts and attendees, and all parties were dispersed.

Sunday, April 9
12:20 a.m.
Safety and Security officers assisted a student ill from alcohol consumption at Kahn Hall.The student was able to respond to all questions and said they would stay with a friend for the night.

8:40 p.m. A resident of Fairchild House reported a burning odor in the basement hallway, near the kitchen. The building was checked and found to be safe. The odor was determined to be coming from a dry grease trap. Water was poured down the trap, which eliminated the odor.

Monday, April 10
5:59 p.m.
Safety and Security officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at an Elm Street Village Housing Unit. The cause was smoke from overheated oil. The area was cleared and alarm reset.

Tuesday, April 11
3:46 p.m.
Staff reported finding contraband while checking on a maintenance issue in a Union Street Housing Unit. Two glass bongs, three grinders containing marijuana residue, an electric vaporizer and a plastic bag containing what appeared to be marijuana were confiscated and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

7:25 p.m. An athletic umpire reported the theft of a wooden folding chair that had been left propped against his vehicle.

10:02 p.m. A resident of South Hall reported someone smoking on the first floor. An officer made contact with the occupant of the room in question, who denied smoking and said they had burned incense. The occupant was advised of the burning and smoking policy.