Security Report: Sept. 26 – 30, 2013

Staff

Thursday, Sept. 26

2:43 p.m. Safety and Security officers and EMTs assisted a student at the Conservatory. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment of abdominal pain.

Friday, Sept. 27

6:53 p.m. Officers responded to an alarm on the third floor of Langston Hall. Upon locating the room with the activated detector, a strong odor of burnt marijuana was detected throughout the room. The detector was reset.

7:09 p.m. An officer on patrol in Langston Hall observed a metal louver on the bottom of a first floor bathroom door that had been kicked in. Contact was made with the maintenance technician on duty for repairs.

8:41 p.m. A resident assistant in East Hall reported a strong odor consistent with marijuana on the first floor. When asked, the resident of the room in question denied smoking marijuana in the room. A glass water bong with burnt marijuana residue in the bowl was turned over to the Oberlin Police Department and officers disposed of a bottle of spiced rum.

Saturday, Sept. 28

7:51 p.m. Officers reported assisted a male individual who had injured his forehead, face and hands in a fall in Finney Chapel. The individual was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital by ambulance.

Sunday, Sept. 29

1:55 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption in Kahn Hall. The student answered all questions with clarity and was advised to contact Safety and Security if additional assistance was needed.

2:45 a.m. A resident assistant reported loud music and the odor of burnt marijuana coming from the first floor of East Hall. Officers responded and spoke with the resident of the room in question. The music was turned down and officers reminded the resident of the school policy on smoking.

4:22 p.m. A student reported losing her ID and room key in an unknown area of south campus. Her ID was canceled and arrangements were made for a lock change.

4:41 p.m. A student reported the theft of her unlocked bicycle from the bicycle rack outside King Hall. The bicycle is a small frame Huffy men’s bicycle with a taped blue seat.

7:31 p.m. A student came to the Safety and Security office to claim his recovered backpack. After inventory, the owner reported that his silver MacBook Pro laptop, valued at approximately $2000, was missing.

11:36 p.m. Residents of Barrows Hall reported finding a small baggy, containing a green leafy substance consistent with marijuana, while looking through their room closet. The marijuana was turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

Monday, Sept. 30

4:38 p.m. A staff member reported a strong odor of burnt marijuana from a room on the first floor of East Hall. After knocking, Safety and Security officers entered the unlocked room. The odor of burnt marijuana was present in both sides of the divided double. The smoke detectors were checked and found to be fine. The room was secured upon leaving.