Security Report: Sept. 5 – Sept. 10, 2013

Staff

Thursday, Sept. 5 

1:30 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was ill from alcohol consumption in Noah Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

11:03 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a student who had fallen off his bicycle on the west side of Fairchild House. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment of face and head injuries.

5:04 p.m. An officer responded to assist a student who cut his finger while peeling potatoes in Barrows Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Friday, Sept. 6

12:23 a.m. An officer responded to the Dascomb kitchen in order to retrieve a backpack that had been found. Officers made contact with the owner and disposed of the six cans of beer found inside the backpack.

11:14 p.m. Officers responded to a report of an unauthorized party in South Hall. When the residents opened the door, the officers saw a game of beer pong being played, along with several cans of beer. The beer was confiscated and disposed of and the music was turned down.

Saturday, Sept. 7

12 p.m. A student reported the theft of her locked bicycle from the west side of the Firelands Apartments. The bicycle is a red Raleigh Venture, women’s seven-speed bike and valued at $200. The bicycle is registered.

1:25 p.m. A student reported the theft of her unlocked bicycle from the north door of Harvey House. The bicycle is a green Rudge, men’s three-speed bike. The bicycle is registered.

6:22 p.m. Officers responded to a complaint of loud music and odor of marijuana in East Hall. Officers located the room and the music was turned down. The strong odor of marijuana was detected from a room down the hall, in which the smoke detector was found bagged, and an 18-pack of beer and a grinder with a small amount of what appeared to be ground marijuana were found in plain sight. The items were confiscated and the grinder was turned over to the Oberlin Police.

11:29 p.m. Officers responded to a report of an unauthorized party in East Hall. The music was turned off and the attendees left the room.

Sunday, Sept. 8

2:02 p.m. An officer reported damage to the handicap system at the entrance of Dascomb Hall. The motor above the door was pulled away from the wall. Facilities was notified for repairs.

4:55 p.m. A student reported the theft of her unlocked bicycle from the bike rack at Zechiel. The bicycle is a blue woman’s Marin Larkspur with a broken kickstand taped to the frame. The bicycle is not registered.

Monday, Sept. 9

10:33 a.m. A staff member reported locating a can of orange spray paint on the east porch of Keep Cottage. The spray paint had been used to paint the legs of a coffee table, not College-owned, and in doing so the porch was also spraed. A work order was filed for the cleaning of the porch.

2:15 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of Old Barrows. Unattended incense left burning in a room created a smoke haze, activating the alarm. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset. The incense was removed from the room.

Tuesday, Sept. 10

11:34 a.m. A student reported that, while in Tappan Square, she was approached by an unknown, non College-affiliated male who asked for her phone number. The student said that she later received an unwanted text message from the male. The Oberlin Police Department contacted the individual and advised him to cease calling or texting her.

12:32 p.m. A student reported the loss of her wallet which possibly occurred when she attended an off-campus party the previous night. The wallet is brown and contained a credit card, which was canceled, an ID, a passport and a health insurance card.