Security Report: April 18 – April 24, 2013

Staff

Thursday, April 18

8:00 a.m. An officer on routine patrol observed non-offensive graffiti in blue spray paint on the sidewalk between Burton Hall and East Hall. A work order was filed for its removal.

9:24 a.m. An officer transported two runners who had become extremely tired back onto campus from the Oberlin-Elyria Road area.

1:30 p.m. A student reported the theft of her light blue Raleigh bicycle from inside the Harkness foyer.  It is valued at approximately $150 and registered with the City of Oberlin.

3:47 p.m. A student employee at the Dascomb Hall kitchen reported the theft of $80 from her backpack, which had been placed in the kitchen hallway. The theft is currently under investigation.

Friday, April 19

12:44 a.m. A staff member reported the theft of a tan vest that contained credit cards, identification and medical cards from Warner Center during a performance on Thursday night. A search of the building was made but the items were not recovered.

1:16 a.m. An officer on foot patrol in North Quad reported non-offensive graffiti in blue spray paint on two boards on the west side of East Hall. A work order was filed for its removal.

4:49 p.m. A member of the Conservatory staff reported vandalism to a deadbolt lock on a practice room in Robertson Hall. An unknown person put super glue in the lock. A locksmith responded to change out the lock.

Saturday, April 20

2:30 a.m. A student requested assistance from an officer in checking on a friend who had consumed a substantial amount of alcohol. The student was sleeping and, when awakened, was able to answer all questions asked.

11:20 a.m. A student reported that her bicycle had been damaged while it was locked to itself at the bike rack outside the Union Street apartments. The back tire was bent and the bicycle was found lying in the grass. The bicycle is a Cannondale and is valued at approximately $500.

12:34 a.m. An officer working an event located an intoxicated student sitting in the bushes outside of Wilder Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, April 21

2:29 a.m. Officers responded to a noise complaint at a Union Street apartment. The residents were entertaining alumni visitors but said they would discontinue music and visitors for the night.

Monday, April 22

9:25 a.m. A dining staff member requested an officer to assist an ill staff member at the Lord/Saunders kitchen. The individual was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital by ambulance.

5:40 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student at South Hall. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for medical treatment.

Wednesday, April 24

1:04 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the Science Center basement. A puff of steam may have been released, activating the alarm. The system was reset.