Security Report: Feb. 16 – Feb. 29

Staff

Thursday, Feb. 23

9:24 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a call from the Oberlin Inn to assist two people stuck in the elevator. A work order was placed for repairs.

10 p.m. A Goldsmith resident reported the theft of prescription medication from an apartment. The theft is under investigation.

11:06 p.m. Officers responded to assist with a student experiencing stomach pain at the Conservatory. The student was transported by ambulance to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Friday, Feb. 24

9:03 p.m. An officer on routine rounds located non-offensive graffiti on the west loading dock at Mudd Library. A work order was filed for cleanup.

Sunday, Feb. 26

1:34 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption at Keep co-op. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital by ambulance.

2:31 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption at Langston Hall. The student was alert and answered all questions asked. She was escorted to her room.

7:30 a.m. Staff at the Field House reported vandalism. A folding chair was found broken and empty alcohol bottles were found in the trash can.

10:30 a.m. Custodial staff reported vandalism at East Hall. An exit sign was found torn down and a ceiling light cover was broken on the first floor. Several additional exit signs were found missing in the building.

10:09 p.m. Officers responded to assist an ill student at Dascomb Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

11:00 p.m. A student reported the theft of his Hewlett Packard laptop, possibly from the dining hall area after dinner. The laptop was purchased from CIT and valued at approximately $500.

Tuesday, Feb. 28

12:03 a.m. Officers responded to a noise complaint at a Village housing residence on Woodland Street. The resident was warned about loud music.

2:35 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Barrows Hall. An old detector was replaced, and the system was reset.

5:28 p.m. Officers responded to a report of vandalism in a bathroom on the third floor of South Hall. Doors were torn from the hinges on two stalls. The doors were removed until repairs could be made.

11:21 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Barrows Hall. A room-by-room search was conducted to locate the activated detector, with negative results. The system was reset, and Facilities was notified of the problem.