Review Security Notebook

Thursday, April 23

3:10 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student in Kahn Hall who was ill from alcohol consumption. An ambulance arrived and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

8:57 a.m. Officers were requested to help transport a student with an injured arm to the Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room.

11:11 a.m. A student reported that the driver’s side rear quarter panel of their vehicle was scratched while parked in the Admissions parking lot.

4:16 p.m. A student reported the theft of a black and yellow Genesis GS29 bicycle from the bike rack in front of Kade House. The bicycle, valued at $200, was locked to itself.

Friday, April 24

12:25 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the Kettering section of the Science Center. Someone accidently sprayed water on a detector while cleaning the floors. The detector was replaced and the alarm was reset.

9:39 a.m. Staff in the Conservatory Annex reported a burning smell in the admissions lobby. Facilities staff members also responded. The odor was cause by a melted grate over a recessed ceiling fan in the bookstore. Repairs were made and members of the Oberlin Fire Department completed a thermal imaging check.

9:32 p.m. Officers responded to a report of an unauthorized party with disorderly attendees at the Goldsmith apartments. Officers met with the hosts and approximately 30 to 40 individuals were asked to leave the premises.

Saturday, April 25

12:25 a.m. Officers assisted an intoxicated and unresponsive student on the third floor of Barrows Hall. An ambulance responded, and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

10:17 a.m. An officer on patrol in Zechiel House noticed additional slats from the vertical blinds on the pool table and floor in the lounge. It is unknown whether they fell down accidently or were torn down intentionally. A work order was filed for repair.

Sunday, April 26

1:03 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption on the second floor of Dascomb Hall. The student was able to correctly answer all questions asked and was assisted to their room for the night.

3:11 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the Goldsmith apartments. A strong odor consistent with burnt marijuana was detected upon entering the apartment and found to be the cause of the activated detector. The alarm was reset.

11:57 a.m. An officer on patrol noticed that the barbed wire fence above the fenced-off access ladder at the southwest corner of the service garage was loose and had been disturbed. The roof area was checked and found secure. A work order was filed for repair.

Monday, April 26

3 p.m. Facilities staff reported that the third-floor push button for the elevator in Kahn Hall had been vandalized. The push button appeared to have been kicked into the control panel, making the elevator car unsafe to use. The elevator was locked and placed out of service until repairs were made.

Tuesday, April 28

10:28 a.m. Allen Memorial Art Museum security staff reported that a visitor passed out and struck his head on the marble floor. An ambulance was requested and the visitor was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.