Review Security Notebook

Thursday, April 30

6:41 a.m. A custodial staff member reported vandalism to the Langston Hall sign north of the dorm. At the time of the report, the sign had only one vertical post with the address. While investigating, officers found an unregistered bicycle in the dumpster behind Union Street apartments. A work order was filed for removal of the bicycle.

8:12 a.m. Members of the grounds staff reported a vehicle parked perpendicular in the Union Street parking lot. It appeared that the vehicle was moved by individuals and not involved in an accident. The owner of the vehicle was contacted to move the vehicle.

Friday, May 1

10:31 a.m. Officers responded to a report of three individuals on the roof of the Oberlin Inn. The students were taking pictures of the town from the roof for a project. Officers told them they were not allowed on the roof.

1:15 p.m. A grounds staff member reported that a black Sherwin Williams pressure washer, valued at $800, was missing from East Field storage. The pressure washer was last seen in July of 2014.

1:45 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was injured when they fell off a bicycle. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, May 2

7:08 p.m. An officer assisted a student who injured their ankle while at the Arboretum. The student was transported from Keep Cottage to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

9:21 p.m. The Oberlin Police Department notified Safety and Security that officers had recovered a stolen bicycle belonging to a student. The bicycle was transported to the Security Office for safekeeping.

Monday, May 4

12:07 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to an activated carbon monoxide detector at a Village Housing unit on West College Street. No carbon monoxide was detected and the detector was replaced.

3:05 p.m. Members of the Philips gym staff reported the theft of four hitting tees and two pitching machines from the Williams Field House storage area. The missing items were valued at $4,500. A report was also filed with the Oberlin Police Department.

3:20 p.m. Facilities staff reported non-offensive graffiti on two exterior walls of the Cox Administration Building.

3:51 p.m. A student reported the theft of a backpack containing a black Canon Camcorder and battery pack, valued at $650, from Price House on May 1. The items were left unattended in the lounge.

Tuesday, May 5

9:50 p.m. A student reported the theft of a textbook after leaving the book unattended in a classroom in the King Building on May 4. A check of the area was made, but the book was not located. The custodial manager was notified.