Review Security Notebook

Monday, Aug. 31

10:48 a.m. A student reported a suspicious person near her practice room in Robertson Hall, along with $50 missing from her purse. Officers and members of the Oberlin Police Department responded and checked the interior and exterior of the building but the individual was not located.

2:35 p.m. A student reported she lost a key in the area between Peters Hall and Allencroft House and requested to be notified if it is located.

6:30 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the kitchen of Keep Cottage. The cause of the alarm was found to be excessive heat from the stoves with no ventilation. The alarm was reset and those cooking were instructed to use the vents.

10:12 p.m. A student reported the theft of his bicycle from the north side of Barnard House sometime around 7 p.m. The bicycle is mainly blue with some silver, possibly a Mongoose mountain bike. The bicycle was not registered and was not locked at the time of theft.

Tuesday, Sept. 1

10:30 a.m. An officer on patrol observed an unlocked bicycle in the bike rack on the southwest corner of Hall Auditorium. The owner was contacted and reported the bicycle as stolen, but a report was not filed. The bicycle was transported to Safety and Security for safekeeping.

1:19 p.m. A student reported the theft of a bicycle sometime during the last week of August from outside of Lord House. The bicycle is a gray, pink and white Huffy Trailblazer, valued at approximately $125. It is registered and was secured to the bike rack at the time of theft.

6:19 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Price House. A facilities electrician responded to check the detector and the alarm was reset.

Wednesday, Sept. 2

6:25 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Goldsmith Apartments. No cause for the alarm could be found. A work order was filed for electricians to check the detector.

9:35 a.m. Campus dining staff reported a vehicle accident in the parking area on the north side of the Carnegie Building. There were no injuries, but there was minor damage to both vehicles.

10:10 a.m. Officers responded to assist a student who injured her ankle on the third floor of Fairchild House. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

10:10 a.m. A student reported the theft of a bicycle sometime during the night from the front of Stevenson Dining Hall. The bicycle is a silver Shimana with a light and bell in front and a basket on the back, valued at approximately $250.

8:20 p.m. Officers responded to a noise complaint at a village house on Professor Street. Residents in the front yard were advised of the complaint and were told to bring their speakers inside.