Review Security Notebook

Thursday, Oct. 22

8:27 p.m. Student staff requested that officers pick up three bottles of wine found in the second floor kitchenette of Asia House. The wine was transported to the Security Office, where it was disposed.

Friday, Oct. 23

4:32 a.m. Custodial staff reported water in the basement of the biology section of the Science Center. Officers responded and observed water leaking from the ceiling heating unit into the coils. The facilities manager on call was notified and maitenance staff responded.

Sunday, Oct. 25

12:25 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Lord-Saunders. Smoke from cooking caused the alarm. The area was cleared of smoke with fans and the alarm was reset.

7:34 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student at the Conservatory who was feeling ill. The student declined medical attention and walked home with friends.

Monday, Oct. 26

3:55 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Langston Hall. Smoke from cooking activated the alarm. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

Tuesday, Oct. 27

9:00 a.m. Mudd library staff reported vandalism to several floors of the Carnegie stacks. An officer responded and observed broken glass on the first, second and third floors. It is unknown who is responsible for the damage. A work order was filed for clean up and repair.

5:16 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student choking in Stevenson Dining Hall. Upon arrival, officers found the student was OK. The student was advised against talking and chewing at the same time.

Wednesday, Oct. 28

6:45 a.m. Members of te custodial staff at Dascomb Hall reported that an unknown person stuffed paper towels into a toilet in the men’s restroom on the first floor. Paper towels and rubber gloves were also thrown onto the floor of the bathroom. The bathroom was closed until clean-up could be completed.