Review Security Notebook

Friday, Oct. 30

6:10 p.m. Staff at Philips gym reported the theft of an iPad Air and cell phone from a locked office. Safety and Security and members of the Oberlin Police Department responded to the scene. The theft is under investigation.

10:50 p.m. Safety and Security officers and members of the Oberlin Police Department responded to an accident involving a motor vehicle and a bicycle on Professor Street near Kade House. The bicyclist was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, Oct. 31

12:25 a.m. Officers responded to a report of an unauthorized party on South Professor Street. While breaking up the party, officers located an intoxicated student. The student was assisted to a security vehicle and transported to Mercy Allen for treatment.

1:21 a.m. Residents of Firelands Apartments reported that an air conditioning unit was malfunctioning and making a loud noise. Facilities responded and the power was turned off until repairs could be made.

2:44 a.m. An officer located a student sleeping under the first floor stairwell of Saunders House. The student smelled of alcohol and was transported to Mercy Allen for treatment.

2:21 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from ingesting medical cannabis at Burton Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen for treatment.

Sunday, Nov. 1

1:05 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who fell, subsequently hitting their head, while ill from alcohol consumption in Zechiel House. The student was transported to Mercy Allen for treatment.

1:15 a.m. Residents of Dascomb Hall reported a male student running through the hallways and creating a disturbance on the second floor. Officers responded and located the student in their room. The student denied being involved and was advised to stay in their room for the night.

Tuesday, Nov. 3

2:10 a.m. A staff member reported a suspicious person on their front porch attempting to remove a hammock. The Oberlin Police Department responded but could not locate the individual on scene.

10:23 a.m. Allen Memorial Art Museum security staff was requested to assist a student who fainted while in class. The student declined medical treatment and went home with friends.

6:27 p.m. Facilities reported a car accident in the parking lot of Philips gym. A truck backed into an unoccupied, parked vehicle. The Oberlin Police Department responded and both vehicles’ owners were located to exchange insurance information.