Review Security Notebook

Thursday, Feb. 4

1:24 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student on the third floor of Langston Hall. An ambulance was requested, and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Friday, Feb. 5

7:49 a.m. Staff reported graffiti in the Rice/King Building elevator.

A “Priority One” mailing label with writing on it was stuck to the ceiling of the elevator. A work order was filed for removal.

8:19 a.m. Staff at the Science Center reported a small tear in the metal spire outside the southwest commons. It is currently unknown when the damage occurred. A work order was filed for repair.

8:15 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the Union Street Housing Complex. Smoke from burnt bacon caused the alarm, which was then reset.

12:43 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Bailey House. Exhaust fans were set up to clear smoke that had filled the first floor corridor and lounge. Two burnt towels caused the alarm, which was then reset.

Saturday, Feb. 6

1:06 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an unconscious student on the second floor of Barrows Hall. Upon arrival, the student was standing and speaking to other students. They were able to answer all questions asked and were transported to their room for the night.

10:13 p.m. Officers responded to a report of an unauthorized party on the third floor of East Hall. Approximately 17 individuals were advised to leave. Residents of the room were advised about room capacity, noise levels and underage alcohol consumption.

Sunday, Feb. 7

12:56 a.m. Officers responded to a report of an unauthorized party at a Village Housing unit on South Professor Street. Loud music was heard from outside. The party was closed down and approximately 150 party attendees dispersed.

Monday, Feb. 8

7:20 p.m. Officers were requested to inspect a broken window on the third floor of Langston Hall. According to the room’s occupants, the window was accidentally hit with a suitcase, causing it to break. A work order was filed for repair.

10:15 p.m. A resident of Saunders House reported an odor of burnt marijuana on the first floor. Officers made contact with the resident of the room in question, who denied smoking anything in the room.