Security Report

Thursday, April 20

2:27 a.m. Students reported an unknown individual walking out of their Union Street apartment. The Oberlin Police Department responded. Nothing was reported missing or damaged. The area was searched with no results.

2:37 a.m. Students reported an unknown individual, possibly intoxicated, attempting to enter their room on the first floor of East Hall. Safety and Security officers responded and checked all floors and the exterior of the building but could not find the individual.

4:10 p.m. A Philips gym monitor reported that two patrons had their gray purses stolen from the Heisman Club Field House track area.

8:45 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith apartment. Officers observed a smoky haze in the bathroom and contraband on the counter. Officers were unable to identify the odor as the area had been heavily sprayed with an unknown substance. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

Friday, April 21

11:10 a.m. Mudd library staff reported a banner hanging from the fourth-floor roof, which was subsequently removed. It is unknown when the banner was put up or by whom.

11:50 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a banner hanging on the Memorial Arch in Tappan Square. The banner was removed and transported to the Safety and Security Office.

2:48 p.m. A student walking on Cedar Street reported two male individuals driving by and yelling at her out the window. Officers checked the area but could not locate the vehicle. The Oberlin Police Department was also notified.

Saturday, April 22

12:22 a.m. Officers were requested to assist two intoxicated students at Barrows Hall. One student was able to answer all questions asked and was walked to their room for the night. The second individual, a visitor, was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital by ambulance.

6:13 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who fell on the stairs at Stevenson Dining Hall, injuring their ankle. The student declined medical treatment at the time but stated that they would call if assistance was needed.

7:59 p.m. A student reported the theft of their black wallet from Hales Gymnasium around 5 p.m. Friday. The wallet contained approximately $70 cash, a driver’s license and an insurance card.

11:54 p.m. Officers transported an intoxicated student from the ’Sco to South Hall after determining they were OK to be in their room for the night.

Sunday, April 23

12:22 a.m. Officers assisted an intoxicated student sleeping in the grass in North Quad. Officers woke the student, who said they did have something to drink earlier but fell asleep waiting for friends. The student was transported to their dorm upon request.

12:24 a.m. Staff requested transport for an intoxicated student at the ’Sco to their dorm in South Hall.

8:44 a.m. Staff at Philips gym reported an odor of something burning in the women’s locker room at Knowlton Athletics Complex. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded, along with an HVAC technician. A belt had slipped off a heating and cooling unit, which caused the odor.

Monday, April 24

9:21 a.m. Staff reported that someone had tripped over wires in the Bosworth Hall data room, injuring their knee. The person received medical treatment.

1:43 p.m. A student reported the theft of two large, white Sharper Image Bluetooth speakers from Burton Hall. There are no suspects at this time.

Wednesday, April 26

7:45 a.m. Grounds staff reported numerous empty alcohol containers strewn about the yard of a Goldsmith apartment. Attempts to make contact with residents in the area for clean up failed. ResEd was then notified.