Security Report

Thursday, April 27

12:23 a.m. A Safety and Security officer putting away equipment after a fire call burned their hand on a hot exhaust fan. The officer was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

11:50 a.m. A student reported the possible misuse of their credit card. Members of the Oberlin Police Department also responded. The incident is under investigation.

Friday, April 28

2:17 p.m. Officers responded to the report of a bicycle and motor vehicle accident at Lorain and Professor Streets. The cyclist rode in front of an oncoming vehicle and was struck. Members of the Oberlin Police Department, Oberlin Fire Department and an ambulance responded. The student stated that they were OK and declined medical transport at the time.

Saturday, April 29

2:13 p.m. A Campus Dining Services employee reported the theft of their bicycle from the bike rack on the west side of Stevenson Dining Hall.

Sunday, April 30

11:17 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of South Hall. Upon arrival, a strong odor of cigarette smoke was detected. An electrician responded to clean the detector and reset the alarm.

Monday, May 1

12:17 p.m. Officers, members of the Oberlin Fire Department and an Oberlin College electrician responded to assist an individual stuck in the elevator in the basement of Kohl Building. The individual was assisted out of the elevator.

2:44 p.m. A student reported the theft of Bose Soundsport Headphone earbuds, valued at approximately $200, from their study carrel on the third floor of Mudd library.

Wednesday, May 2

3:48 p.m. An officer on patrol heard an alarm at the Service Building and observed staff standing outside. Upon investigation, they discovered that the building’s fire alarm was not put on bypass and the work in progress had activated the alarm. An electrician made adjustments until servicing was completed.

5:30 p.m. Catering staff reported damage to a service vehicle, which was parked at the Stevenson Dining Hall dock. A dent was observed on the left rear gate. It is unknown when the damage occurred.