Security Report: April 25 – May 1, 2013

Staff

Friday, April 26

10:52 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person in the men’s restroom at Hales Gym. The man, who was not a student, said he was waiting for an appointment at the clinic and stopped at the gym.

12:45 p.m. A student reported the theft of her unlocked bicycle from the bike rack on the east side of Baldwin Cottage. The bicycle is a red, 15-speed Mongoose.

Saturday, April 27

2:22 a.m. An officer on patrol observed damage to the fence on the north side of the Kettering parking lot. Four sections were knocked down. No one was found in the area.

11:39 a.m. Museum security officers reported damage to the plaque that marks the “Giant Three-Way Plug” outside the Allen Memorial Art Museum. Two distinct dents were located on the lower portion of the plaque.

10:19 p.m. A resident of a Village house on West College Street reported a loud “bang” coming from the back porch area and observed an individual running. Members of the Oberlin Police Department responded, along with Safety and Security officers. A check of the area was conducted, but the individual was not located.

10:29 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student in North Quad. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital.

10:34 p.m. An officer on patrol in East Hall observed broken ceiling tiles on the floor of the Mahan wing on the first floor. Two tiles had been removed from the ceiling, and the pieces were strewn down the hallway. A work order was filed.

Sunday, April 29

12:29 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student in Burton Hall. The student was able to answer questions and said friends would be staying with him for the night.

1:37 a.m. An officer on patrol in Fairchild House reported hearing glass shatter. Upon further investigation, two fire extinguishers were found damaged and one had been used to break out a glass window in the west stairway. Additional damage was found in the lounge. The incident is currently under investigation.

1:59 a.m. An officer checking in on an art show at Philips gym observed a large number of people throughout the gym. The show was closed down and the gym was cleared.

4:27 a.m. Students reported the theft of several items from the tents set up in Tappan Square for the College Against Cancer relay. Two microphones, a Cannon video camera recorder and six battery-operated lanterns were taken sometime between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.

7:13 a.m. An officer on patrol observed unknown people pulling a small tree from the ground just south of Zechiel House. A work order was filed to replant the tree.

Monday, April 29

12:42 p.m. An officer was requested to assist with an ill employee in Dascomb’s kitchen. An ambulance was contacted and the employee was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Tuesday, April 30

1:52 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student who passed out at Talcott Hall. Upon arrival the student was alert and declined medical attention.

2:20 p.m. A student reported graffiti in the first floor men’s restroom stall in Bibbins Hall. Facilities Operations was contacted for clean up.

Wednesday, May 1

12:57 a.m. Two students reported being harassed by six juveniles on West College Street near the Conservatory. Officers responded and a check of the area was made, though no one was found. Students were transported to their residence.