Security Notebook

Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018

2:45 p.m. College staff reported that two posters were cut in half in the Bent Corridor of the Science Center.

Friday, Oct. 26, 2018

7:02 a.m. Custodial staff reported graffiti in the men’s restroom on the main floor of Wilder Hall. A work order was filed for cleanup.

10:41 a.m. College staff reported a double doors leading into the pool area at Hales Gymnasium were tampered with. Screws were taken out of the hasp, disabling the lock. A work order was filed for repair.

5:40 p.m. Student staff at Oberlin College Lanes reported the glass in the door to the bowling lanes was accidentally broken because a visitor fell into it. The glass was cleaned and the door boarded over.

Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018

9:24 a.m. Campus safety officers were called to Zechiel House to assist an ill student. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018

9:07 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the elevator shaft at Firelands Apartments. An electrician was called for repairs.

Monday, Oct. 29, 2018

10:14 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. Smoke from cooking activated the alarm. The alarm was reset.

8:56 p.m. A student reported the theft of a wallet containing $200 and keys from an unlocked locker at Philips gym. The area was searched but nothing was recovered.

Tueday, Oct. 30, 2018

6:40 p.m. Philips gym staff reported that there was a non-student in the building. Staff attempted to identify the individual, but they walked away. Officers and members of the Oberlin Police Department responded, located the individual, and escorted them from the building.

9:38 p.m. Officers were requested at Philips gym to assist a student who injured their ankle. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

10:12 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith Village Housing Unit. Smoke from cooking activated the alarm. The alarm was reset.