Security Notebook

Thursday, Nov. 22
12:13 a.m.
A student reported that a suspicious, unidentified male knocked on their door. The student answered the door, and the male apologized and said he was at the wrong room. The student was advised to call Campus Safety immediately if the incident occurred again.

Friday, Nov. 23
12:13 a.m.
Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Barrows Hall. The alarm had been activated by smoke from melted plastic on a stove burner. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

3:30 p.m.
An officer on routine patrol observed non-offensive graffiti on a freezer at the South Hall loading dock. A work order was filed for removal.

Saturday, Nov. 24

1:41 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of East Hall. A slight haze and peculiar odor were detected. An electrician responded, and the area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

4:27 p.m. Grounds staff found a wallet in Tappan Square and turned it over to the Oberlin Police Department, who contacted the owner in Chicago.

Sunday, Nov. 25
8:30 a.m. A resident of South Hall requested transportation to Mercy Allen Hospital. An officer responded, and the student was transported.

Monday, Nov. 26
12:13 p.m.
An officer responded to a report of a broken window in the basement of  the Carnegie Building.  It did not appear as though person(s) attempted to break in,  . A work order was filed for repairs.

5:45 p.m.
A student reported the theft of their wallet from a cubicle on the Mary Church Terrell Main Library of the Mudd Center. The wallet and the student’s book-bag were found in the men’s third-floor restroom and turned in to the circulation desk. A debit card and $20 cash were missing from the wallet. The card was canceled, and the Oberlin Police Department was notified.