Friday, Feb. 5, 2021
12:18 p.m. A student requested assistance after falling on the north side of Noah Hall, injuring their knees and right hand. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
11:59 p.m. An officer on a routine patrol of the Allen Memorial Art Museum observed the hand railing at the north entrance had been torn off at the top and out of the concrete. A caution cone was placed over the end of the handrail until repairs could be made.
Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021
1:30 a.m. Residents of Kahn Hall reported loud music coming from a bedroom on the third floor. Officers located the room in question and spoke with the occupant, who had been ill from alcohol consumption. One bottle of alcohol, in plain view, was confiscated and disposed of. The student was able to answer all questions asked of them.
3:14 p.m. A student requested transport to Mercy Allen Hospital to have a two-day-old burn reassessed. The transport was completed.
Sunday, Feb. 7, 2021
1:33 a.m. A student reported a ceiling leak on the first floor of Kade House. Officers responded and determined that water appeared to be leaking from the HVAC unit on the second floor. An HVAC technician responded to make repairs.
Monday, Feb. 8, 2021
11:20 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at Stevenson Hall. A College electrician also responded and said that a steam pipe on the second floor was leaking into a detector, causing activation. The detector was removed until repairs could be made. The alarm was silenced and reset.
Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021
10:30 a.m. A resident of South Hall requested a transport to the emergency room due to pain. An officer responded, and the transport was completed.
Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2021
8:55 a.m. Officers, Oberlin firefighters, and College electricians responded to a fire alarm at a Village House on Elmwood Place. The alarm was caused by a malfunctioning smoke detector. The detector was replaced.