Saturday, July 24, 2021
6:13 p.m. A resident of Kahn Hall reported a possible recluse spider in their room. Facilities Operations were contacted and the student was moved to a different room until their room could be checked for spiders.
Monday, July 26, 2021
5:00 p.m. A student reported their registered bicycle stolen from the western-most bike rack at Stevenson Dining Hall; the lock had been cut off the bike. The bicycle is described as a gray Jamis trail bike with 10 gears and blue handlebar covers.
5:05 p.m. A student reported seeing their missing bike in a bike rack at the Science Center. A Campus Safety officer accompanied the student to the area and identified the owner by the license sticker and serial number on the bicycle. The officer released the bicycle to its owner.
7:10 p.m. A staff member at Wilder Hall reported damage to her vehicle, a red Buick LaCrosse, by an unknown person while it was parked in the Wilder Hall parking lot. The damage consisted of dents above the driver’s side tire and between the driver door and wheel. No perpetrator was observed in the area.
8:09 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith Village Housing Unit. Smoke from cooking activated the alarm. The area was cleared, and the alarm was reset.
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
12:13 a.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at Mudd Center. Upon arrival, officers learned that dust caused from construction drilling had activated the alarm. An electrician responded and reset the alarm.
9:36 p.m. A student reported an injury after being hit in the eye with a soccer ball at Knowlton Athletics Complex. The student was transported to the Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room for treatment.
6:19 p.m. A student reported their unlocked, unregistered bicycle stolen from the bike rack at Stevenson Dining Hall sometime between 5 and 6 p.m. The bicycle is a blue Schwinn with gold lettering.
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
12:28 p.m. A Facilities Operations manager reported a bagged smoke detector in a room at Talcott Hall. An officer responded and removed the plastic bag, which was duct-taped to the ceiling.