Security Report

Thursday, Nov. 25, 2021

1:55 a.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist with a student at Harkness House who was ill from alcohol consumption. The student was coherent, able to answer all questions asked, and aware of their surroundings. The student declined medical treatment.

Friday, Nov. 26, 2021

12:17 a.m. A student reported that while streaming a game on YouTube, they were sent several messages containing pornography. An officer met with the student, who was advised not to respond to the messages. The student was then transported to the Oberlin Police Department to file a report.

9:42 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a bat in the first floor lounge of Johnson House. The bat was located and removed from the area.

Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021

1:26 p.m. An officer was requested to assist an injured student at East Hall. First aid was applied to a bleeding toe. No other treatment was required, and the student declined transportation to the hospital.

Monday, Nov. 29, 2021

10:07 a.m. A student reported that when they returned from break to their Village Housing Unit on East College Street, they found their attic window open. The student noted that the only thing that appeared to be missing was candy, and there were no other indications that someone had been in the house. Crime prevention tools were given to the resident.

10:51 a.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the Willard Court area. The bicycle is an orange Trek, men’s frame, eight- speed, and is valued at approximately $800. The bicycle is registered with Campus Safety.

2:30 p.m. Officers were requested to transport a student with a knee injury from the Student Health Center to Mercy Allen Hospital’s emergency room. The transport was completed.