Friday, Feb. 4
5:40 p.m. Officers assisted a staff member who slipped and fell on the ice by the Adam Joseph Lewis Center. The employee was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
Saturday, Feb. 5
11:55 a.m. A student reported a car accident on Union Street. It appeared a car backing from the south drive of Union Street apartments struck her car. The Oberlin Police Department was notified and responded.
Sunday, Feb. 6
12:54 a.m. Officers assisted an intoxicated student at Kahn Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.
10:19 p.m. Officers responded to an anonymous complaint of an individual smoking on the first floor of Saunders. Upon arrival, a strong odor of burnt marijuana and a haze of smoke were observed. Occupants of the room denied smoking.
1:38 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Barrows Hall. The alarm was activated by heat from a hair straightener. The alarm was silenced and reset.
3:04 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Langston Hall. A fire detector near the kitchenette was found activated. Nothing appeared to have been burned and no fire or smoke was located. The alarm was silenced and reset.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
12:32 p.m. Officers responded to a report of an object thrown through a window on the first floor of Zechiel Hall. The occupant of the room, playing with a rubber-band ball, accidentally struck the window with the ball. A carpenter was called to cover the window.
8:21 p.m. An officer responded to a report of a vending machine wide left open in the central section of the Conservatory. It appeared the vending machine was not secured properly. Several items were missing from the machine. The vending machine company was notified.
Wednesday, Feb. 9
12:16 a.m. Officers responded to a report of persons smoking a substance that was possibly marijuana, in Firelands Apartments. Upon arrival, a strong odor of burnt marijuana was detected and a smoky haze was observed. Occupants of the room denied smoking in the room.