Security Report: April 28 – May 4, 2011

Staff

Thursday, April 28

1:25 a.m. Officers were alerted to a student sitting outside on a second floor window ledge at King Hall. The student said he climbed through a window to smoke a cigarette. He was advised against his actions and told to return to the building.

2:11 a.m. Officers responded to a loud noise complaint on East College Street. Approximately 15-25 people were inside the residence with loud music playing. Non-residents were advised to leave, and the music was turned off for the night.

Friday, April 29

10:02 a.m. An employee reported falling on the front steps of a West College Street building after a portion of the steps broke off. Medical treatment was refused at the time of report.

12:08 p.m. A student reported the theft of her wallet from a practice room in Robertson Hall. Upon conducting a search of the building, the wallet was found in another practice room. Investigation is ongoing.

6:45 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Tank Hall. The cause of the alarm was smoke from burnt pizza. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

10:28 p.m. A student reported $170 taken from a desk in his room. Investigation is ongoing.

Saturday, April 30

3:01 a.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Dascomb Hall. The alarm was activated by a fire extinguisher discharged on the first, second and third floors for no apparent reason.

11:00 a.m. A grounds employee reported additional fencing damage in the Woodland Street parking lot. Three sections of fencing were found broken away from the posts.

10:30 p.m. Officers responded to South Hall to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, May 1

2:46 p.m. Officers responded to an unauthorized party at a College Street house. Attendees were cleared from the residence.

6:50 a.m. An officer on patrol observed red spray paint on the lettering at King Hall. A work order was filed for removal.

9:30 a.m. A student reported spray-painted graffiti on the east side of Mudd Library. A work order was filed for removal.

Monday, May 2

7:35 a.m. A custodian reported damage to a chair in the lounge of Barrows Hall. The chair was found covered in paint.

4:50 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a staff member who fell and struck his head in the kitchen of Stevenson Dining Hall. The staff member was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Tuesday, May 3

10:29 p.m. Officers responded to Barrows Hall upon receiving a report of three suspicious males walking in the stairwell. Officers located the males. One male was identified as being on Oberlin College Trespass Notice and was taken into custody by the Oberlin Police Department for Criminal Trespass. The others were escorted from the building and given warning.

Wednesday, May 4

7:49 a.m. An officer on patrol observed gold spray-painted graffiti on the west exterior wall of Harkness Hall. The image appeared to be an elephant. A work order was filed for removal.