Thursday, Nov. 19
11:43 p.m. An officer responded to a report that alcohol was being stored in a common kitchenette in Fairchild. Three bottles of beer were confiscated and discarded.
Friday, Nov. 20
10:41 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an intoxicated student on North Main Street. The student was able to walk on her own and answered all questions asked. She was escorted to her dorm.
Saturday, Nov. 21
12:23 a.m. Officers responded to a noise complaint at Talcott. Upon arrival, it was found that students on the third floor were hosting an unauthorized party. Attendees complied when asked to leave the area.
12:58 a.m. Two students reported the theft of items while attending an off-campus party on East College Street. Missing are a gray H&M coat, red cell phone and $7 in cash. Also missing are a green fisherman’s sweater, a Verizon Chocolate LG cell phone and $17 in cash.
Sunday, Nov. 22
12:16 a.m. Officers responded to several reports of fireworks being set off at the football field. Upon arriving to the area, officers observed approximately 250 students attending an unauthorized party at a Goldsmith apartment. The building was cleared of all party attendees.
12:32 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an intoxicated student in North Quad. The student walked to the security vehicle without assistance and was able to answer all questions asked. The student was transported to his dorm, where he was advised to stay for the night.
12:43 a.m. Officers responded to an unauthorized party taking place on Woodland Street. Approximately 200 students were dispersed from the home. One gallon of vodka and a large pot of punch containing alcohol were disposed of.
1:08 a.m. Officers responded to a noise complaint at a Goldsmith apartment. Upon the officers’ arrival, loud music could be heard, and approximately 30 students were found to be in attendance of an unauthorized party. All alcohol was discarded, and the students were told to leave the area.
10:47 a.m. An officer responded to a report of a broken window in the dining room of Lord. The window above the door in the dining area was broken and a pepper shaker was found on the floor in the area. A work order was filed for glass cleanup and repair.
Monday, Nov. 23
3:41 p.m. A resident of Fairchild reported the theft of her black iPod and its clear case from her unlocked room. Value of the missing items is unknown at this time.
Tuesday, Nov. 24
4:04 a.m. A staff member reported four males going through the grass just southeast of Hales carrying a large heavy object. The staff member yelled to the males, who then dropped the object and left the area heading northeast. A foosball table was located in the grass and determined to be from the lounge of Dascomb Hall. The foosball table was returned to Dascomb. The incident is under investigation.
Wednesday, Nov. 25
1:36 a.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Langston Hall. Upon checking the room with the activated smoke detector, a plate with ashes was observed and an odor of burnt marijuana was detected. The occupant was advised of the no-smoking policy in rooms, and the alarm was reset.
Thursday, Nov. 26
2:11 a.m. An officer on patrol found the dumpster just west of Allencroft on fire. The Oberlin Fire Department was contacted and responded to extinguish the fire. The fire is under investigation.
Friday, Nov. 27
3:18 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Talcott. The alarm was caused by a malfunction in the system. Repairs were made and the alarm reset.
Sunday, Nov. 29
5 p.m. A student employee at Stevenson Dining Hall reported the theft of her cell phone. The cell phone was left in her coat pocket and hung in a non-secure coat room. The cell phone is an LG flip phone, and the face is a pink square with the message, “I Love You.”
9:45 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in Keep. An activated smoke detec- tor was located in a room on the first floor. A second room detec- tor was located, and a strong odor of burnt marijuana was noted. An electrician responded to replace the detectors, and the alarm was then reset.
Monday, Nov. 30
6:37 p.m. Officers and the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Burton Hall. The alarm was caused by smoke from cake batter that ran over the pan in the oven. The alarm was reset.
Tuesday, Dec. 2
11:05 p.m. A staff member in the area of Philips Gym observed two males inside the building. The males were located and identified as students. The students were advised against being in the building after hours and complied by exiting the gym.
11:38 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who fell at the north entrance of Wilder Hall. The student had a noticeable bruise on her left cheek and was transported to Allen Community Hospital to be checked.
Wednesday, Dec. 3
8:11 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with an injured student at Mudd Library. The student was told that she dislocated her shoulder. The student was transported to Allen Community Hospital by ambulance for treatment.