Review Security Notebook

Thursday, May 1

10:10 p.m. A student reported the theft of a backpack from a study carrel in Mudd Library. The backpack was later located by of- ficers under a different carrel in Mudd. The backpack was returned to the owner with all items intact.

Friday, May 2

2:39 p.m. Officers responded to a report of damage to the door lock at the Bike Co-op. The center piece of the lock was missing and the deadbolt did not work. Nothing appeared to be missing inside. A locksmith responded for repair.

7:22 p.m. A student reported the theft of his cell phone from the basketball court area at Philips gym. The phone is a black iPhone 4 with a black case. The phone is valued at approximately $250.

9:54 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a student ill from alcohol consumption at an Elm Street house. Paramedics also responded and the student was transported by ambulance to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, May3

12:16 a.m. Facilities staff reported someone on the roof of the Service Building with beer. The student was located and climbed down the west wall of the building. He was advised of the dangers.

6:50 a.m. A student reported injuring her ankle when she tripped while walking in the area near Bailey/East drive. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

10:42 p.m. Officers responded to a possible natural gas odor at the Science Center. Members of the Oberlin Fire Department also responded and checked the area; no gas was detected.

11:53 p.m. Officers responded to an anonymous call of students burning plastic at East Hall. A plastic “wet floor” sign and a poster were found on the partially burned floor of Stewart wing partially burned. The incident is under investigation.

Sunday, May 4

3:31 p.m. A student reported injuring her ankle while jumping in a bounce castle in Wilder Bowl. The tudent was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, May 5

11:17 a.m. Custodial staff reported observing vandalism in the restroom on the third floor of the Conservatory. Window blinds were stuffed into the toilet, causing it to clog. A plumber responded for repair.

8:05 p.m. Officers and para- medics were requested to assist with a student who was injured in the second floor stairwell at Mudd Library. The student was transported by ambulance to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Tuesday, May 6

7:45 a.m. Grounds staff reported broken glass on the front steps of a Goldsmith apartment. An officer responded and also observed glass near the apart- ment next door near the north of the driveway. A work order was filed for cleanup.