Review Security Notebook

Thursday, Sept. 11

6:48 a.m. An officer responded to a report of vandalism at the northeast side of Wilder Hall. The temporary wooden railing at the northeast entrance was broken off of the newly poured concrete. Various beer cans and debris were also scattered in the area. A work order was filed.

11:56 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who had fallen down the steps in Peters Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment of an ankle injury.

Friday, Sept. 12

11:50 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the fourth floor of Peters Hall. The cause was found to be a burnt belt in an air handler unit. The alarm was reset after repairs.

12:08 p.m. A Dascomb kitchen staff member requested officers to assist a student who burned their hand with hot water. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, Sept. 13

11:45 p.m. Officers responded to assist an intoxicated student passed out in a yard on Groveland Street. The student was incoherent and could not stand. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, Sept. 14

12:30 a.m. A student reported that, while riding a skateboard on South Professor Street, they hit a pothole and fell, injuring their elbow. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

6:18 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who had fallen and hit their head at an off-campus party the previous evening. A small bump was detected, but no laceration. The student declined medical treatment, and on-call staff was notified.

Monday, Sept. 15

6:35 a.m. Officers responded to the Austin E. Knowlton Athletic Complex press box upon receiving a report of an individual stuck in the elevator. Members of the Oberlin Fire Department were notified and also responded. They discovered that technicians were testing the elevators and no one was stuck.

3:22 p.m. A staff member reported the theft of a road case used to store a lighting control panel from Finney Chapel. The case was dark gray in color and contained a gooseneck work light, maroon and gold braided rope and several lighting color filters. The items were valued at $250–$300.

8:39 p.m. Officers, members of the Oberlin Fire Department and an electrician responded to a report of two students stuck in the elevator on the first floor of Mudd Library. They assisted the students in exiting the elevator; no medical attention was needed at the time.

Wednesday, Sept. 17

10:06 a.m. A custodial staff member reported graffiti in a practice room on the second floor of Robertson Hall. The graffiti was non-offensive in nature and was written with brown marker. A work order was filed for removal.