Review Security Notebook

Friday, Oct. 24

8:45 a.m. Contractors reported damage, random words and pictures carved into freshly poured concrete on the south end of Zechiel House.

1:30 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the first floor of Hales Gymasium. A painting contractor sanding walls activated the alarm.

Saturday, Oct. 25

11:56 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of South Hall that was activated by burnt food.

Sunday, Oct. 26

11:38 a.m. A student requested transport from a village housing unit on Elmwood Place to the emergency room after cutting themselves on broken glass. The student was taken to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

6:22 p.m. A resident of Barrows Hall reported the theft of their locked bicycle from the bike rack on the east side of Barrows. The bike is a Beach Cruiser with wide silver handles valued at approximately $100.

6:22 p.m. A student reported graffiti on the east side of Barrows Hall. The words were written with an unknown white liquid substance. The facilities manager on call was notified.

Monday, Oct. 27

8:15 a.m. An officer on patrol in Burton Hall observed that a chair was missing from the main lounge of the first floor. The chair is brown with accents of blue and beige.

1:30 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the west side of Barrows Hall on Oct. 15. The bicycle is a seven-speed Havoc Hyper valued at approximately $125.

3:33 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student with an injured ankle at the Adam Joseph Lewis Center. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

5:23 p.m. A student reported the theft of their unlocked bicycle from in front of their residence on Goldsmith Street before fall break. The bicycle is a purple 21-speed Giant with a Zelora seat and is valued at $100.

5:44 p.m. A student reported the loss of a rental car key somewhere in the area of Harkness House and Dascomb Dining Hall. A property card was filed.

10 p.m. A resident of Langston Hall reported damage to postings placed on the bulletin board on the first floor. One poster was found ripped on the floor, and the other was missing.