Review Security Notebook

Thursday, April 2

9:53 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Police Department responded to a report of a suspicious middle-aged individual wearing a hospital gown and asking for money at the Bonner Center for Service and Learning. The individual was located and assisted by Oberlin Police.

11:42 p.m. A staff member reported several wine bottles left in the main space of Wilder Hall following a recital. An officer responded, collected all the bottles and disposed of them.

Friday, April 3

12:39 p.m. A staff member reported that a student was stuck in the elevator in Bibbins Hall. Officers responded and an electrician instructed the student on how to release the door. The student exited the elevator unharmed.

Saturday, April 4

1 a.m. Officers requested the assistance of the Oberlin Police Department in dispersing a crowd of 50 to 60 people involved in an altercation on Lorain Street. Those involved dispersed upon the arrival of the Oberlin Police.

11:47 p.m. An officer on routine patrol of East Hall observed the exit sign missing from the west middle entrance way. It is unknown when the damage occurred or who is responsible. A work order was filed.

Sunday, April 5

1:36 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption at Kahn Hall. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, April 6

10:40 a.m. A Res Ed staff member reported that a smoke detector was bagged on the third floor of South Hall. Officers responded. The bagged detector was photographed and the bag was removed.

8:23 p.m. A facilities staff member reported vandalism of the wind screening at the tennis courts in the northwest area adjacent to the soccer fields. The graffiti was non-offensive in nature and done in white and yellow paint. A work order was filed for clean up.

Tuesday, April 7

9:34 a.m. Staff from Bosworth Hall reported a suspicious individual in their 40s, wearing khaki pants, a purple shirt and a brown jacket, asking for money. The individual was asked to leave the building and complied.