Review Security Notebook

Thursday, Sept. 17

12:16 a.m. Officers responded to a loud noise complaint at a Village Housing unit on South Professor Street. Students agreed to leave the area. A second complaint was filed at 2:16 a.m. Officers contacted the students and told them the music would have to be taken inside. The students complied.

11:46 p.m. An officer on routine building checks observed students on the roof of Severance Hall. Two students and a visitor were called down from the roof and advised of the dangers. The individuals left the area.

Saturday, Sept. 19

1:29 a.m. Officers responded to assist an intoxicated student in Finney Chapel and found the unresponsive student in the balcony. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

3:20 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of the Oberlin Inn. The occupants of the room in question were smoking marijuana, which activated the alarm. The area was cleared and the alarm was reset.

1:50 p.m. A student reported that, while riding her bicycle at the intersection of Professor Street and College Street, she was struck by a vehicle and fell to the ground. The driver of the vehicle did not stop. Members of the Oberlin Police Department responded to the call. The student sustained scrapes and bruises to her hand and leg.

Sunday, Sept. 20

3:11 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student at Talcott Hall who was ill from alcohol consumption. The student was coherent, answered several questions and was assisted to their room.

12:25 p.m. A student was transported from Stevenson Dining Hall to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment of an allergic reaction.

12:50 p.m. A student reported the theft of a black Nike jacket from a practice room in Robertson Hall. The student left the room for approximately 15 minutes and discovered the theft upon returning.

Monday, Sept. 21

6:23 p.m. A student reported that, while walking in the Rice Hall parking lot, an unknown individual came up behind her, grabbed her iPhone 6 and rode away on a dark-colored bicycle.

Tuesday, Sept. 22

6:30 p.m. An officer transported a student with a sprained ankle from Williams Field House to Asia House.

Wednesday, Sept. 23

2:16 a.m. Officers responded to a loud noise complaint at a Village Housing unit on Professor Street. The occupants said they would turn off the music and take their socializing inside.