Security Notebook

Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018

1:35 p.m. A staff member reported a vehicle accident in the Wilder Hall parking lot. A box truck struck the rear of a parked vehicle. There were no injuries.

11:01 p.m. Campus Safety officers responded to a report that a student was having an allergic reaction in East Hall. An ambulance transported the student to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Friday, Sept. 7, 2018

11:30 p.m. Campus Safety officers assisted a student in South Hall who was ill from alcohol consumption. After speaking with the individual in their room, the officer found them to be OK for the evening.

Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018

1:50 a.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist a student at South Hall who was ill from alcohol consumption. An ambulance was dispatched. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

1:41 a.m. Campus Safety officers assisted a student who was locked in a room on the first floor of Rice Hall. The student was located, found to be OK, and exited the building.

12:27 p.m. Campus Safety officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the third floor of Dascomb Hall. Smoke from cooking and a malfunctioning exhaust fan caused the alarm. The alarm was reset, and a work order was filed to repair the exhaust fan.

1:54 p.m. Campus Safety officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Village Housing Unit on Elm Street. The alarm was activated by smoke from cooking. The smoke was cleared and the alarm reset.

11:31 p.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist an intoxicated student on the east side of Wilder Hall. The officers contacted the student, who was able to answer all questions and was transported to their dorm for the evening.

11:58 p.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist a student on the third floor of Dascomb Hall who was ill from alcohol consumption. After answering all questions asked of them, the student was escorted to their room in Barrows Hall.

Sunday, Sept. 9, 2018

3:00 a.m. Campus Safety officers responded to Finney Chapel after hearing several noises coming from the area. Upon entering the building, officers located two students inside. The students were warned about entering buildings after hours and were escorted from the building.

12:21 p.m. Campus Safety officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Village Housing Unit on Elm Street. The alarm was activated by smoke from burnt toast. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.