Security Notebook

Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018

10:09 a.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist with a student feeling ill at the Allen Memorial Art Museum. Museum security officers responded. The student declined an offer for medical assistance. The individual was provided a drink and said they were feeling better.

1:20 p.m. A student reported that an unknown person entered their room at Harkness House Wednesday morning and took their computer and wallet. The computer is a MacBook Air, white in color, and valued at approximately $1150.00. A report was filed with the Oberlin Police Department.

4:16 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle, which was last seen on the east side of Barrows Hall last May. The bicycle was not registered and was locked at the time of the theft.

Friday, Sept. 21, 2018

3:11 p.m. A student reported observing their stolen bicycle (not reported to Campus Safety) locked outside of the Conservatory. After some investigation, the bicycle was returned to the original owner.

7:27 p.m. A student reported that they either lost their wallet or that it was stolen while jogging near the North Fields. The wallet contained credit cards and a driver’s license.

Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018

12:01 a.m. A resident of a Union Street Housing Complex requested assistance in dispersing over 150 uninvited individuals from their apartment. The area was eventually cleared with the assistance of Oberlin Police officers.

1:31 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an intoxicated student sitting on the pavement outside of Kahn Hall. The student was able to answer all questions and was escorted back to their room for the night, with the assistance of friends.

1:25 p.m. A student reported their laptop was stolen. Officers and Oberlin Police officers responded. The student tracked it in the Conservatory area and then onto North Main Street. The individual in possession of the laptop was located and taken into police custody.

2:23 p.m. A student reported the theft of their scooter, which was locked to the bike rack at Kade House.

Monday, Sept. 24, 2018

3:30 p.m. A student reported a suspicious individual inside their Goldsmith Village Housing Unit. Campus Safety and Oberlin Police officers checked the interior and exterior of the apartment, but the individual was not located.

Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018

4:44 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student having an allergic reaction to a bee sting at Keep Cottage. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

7:39 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a staff member who was injured when the ceiling collapsed in an elevator at Stevenson Dining Hall. The individual was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment. The elevator has been turned off until further notice.