Security Notebook

Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018

2:00 a.m. A student reported a suspicious male in Tappan Square who appeared to be following them. Campus Safety officers and Oberlin Police officers responded, located and identified the male, and escorted the student to their residence.

Friday, Sept. 28, 2018

5:48 a.m. Custodial staff reported two end tables missing from the second- floor lounge of Wilder Hall. The tables were taken sometime between 4 p.m. Sept. 27 and 5:48 a.m Sept. 28.

9:37 a.m. A student said they were confronted by an unknown male while walking in Wilder Bowl around noon on Wednesday, Sept. 26. The student said that they felt extremely uncomfortable with how the male spoke to them.

10:39 a.m. A resident of Keep Cottage reported two suspicious, non-student males swipe into Keep Thursday, Sept. 27 at approximately 8:03 p.m. The individuals were observed in the lounge and walking up to the second floor. A student reported the individuals leaving the building at approximately 8:45 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018

1:06 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who had been drinking and had fallen on the first floor of Talcott Hall. The student was able to answer all questions and said they felt nauseated and dizzy from the fall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

10:59 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student in Dascomb Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

7:21 p.m. A student said they accidentally backed into a vehicle that was parked directly behind their vehicle on the north side of Asia House. There was minor damage to the hit vehicle. The involved parties decided that they would handle the issue on their own.

Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018

12:22 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Langston Hall. Smoke from burnt popcorn activated the alarm.

1:11 a.m. Officers were requested to assist an intoxicated student in the driveway of a Lorain Street address. The student answered all questions but was unable to stand on their own. The student was taken to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, Oct. 1, 2018

11:29 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith Village Housing Unit. Smoke from an extinguished candle activated the alarm. The alarm was cleared and reset without further problems.

Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018

12:46 p.m. A student reported the theft of their backpack from a lounge in the Kohl Building. The backpack contained a MacBook laptop. Officers checked the area for the item with negative results.

4:45 p.m. Officers responded to a report from Monday, Oct. 1 of a suspicious person in East Hall. The description of the suspicious person was minimal. The camera footage was reviewed and the incident is under review.