Men’s BBall Kicks off the Season, Cali Style

Back to Article
Back to Article

Shortly after arriving in the Los Angeles area for their first game of the season, the men’s basketball team traveled to College sophomore Jordan Sacks’ home for their first meal in the state. The team’s California matchup today against the University of La Verne kicks off their season, with the team set to play at CalTech tomorrow. This year, the team welcomes six new first-years to the floor in their annual California games, building up a strong base with five sophomores, seven juniors, and two seniors leading the group in experience.

“I’m looking forward to starting off the season the right way,” said College junior Josh Friedkin. “We’ve been competing against each other in open gyms and practices for awhile now so it will be a nice change to have an actual opponent out there. Anytime the team can go on a trip together, it’s a chance for us to grow as a group. I think more than anything else, that’s what makes these California trips so worthwhile.”

Shortly after arriving in the Los Angeles area for their first game of the season, the men’s basketball team traveled to College sophomore Jordan Sacks’ home for their first meal in the state. The team’s California matchup today against the University of La Verne kicks off their season, with the team set to play at CalTech tomorrow. This year, the team welcomes six new first-years to the floor in their annual California games, building up a strong base with five sophomores, seven juniors, and two seniors leading the group in experience. “I’m looking forward to starting off the season the right way,” said College junior Josh Friedkin. “We’ve been competing against each other in open gyms and practices for awhile now so it will be a nice change to have an actual opponent out there. Anytime the team can go on a trip together, it’s a chance for us to grow as a group. I think more than anything else, that’s what makes these California trips so worthwhile.”

Michael Durkin

Michael Durkin

Michael Durkin