Oberlin Community News Bulletin

Firelands High School Showcases Student Work

Students from Oberlin City Schools will exhibit their projects and art in the Falcon Showcase March 7 at 6:30 p.m. at Firelands High School. Kindergarteners and high schoolers alike will participate in this student-led event that aims to give students an outlet to show off their accomplishments from the school year. Students will lead demonstrations and conversations about their studies and projects. Come see what academic and creative achievements local students have made this year.

Oberlin Heritage Center Awarded Funding from the Ohio History Connection

The Oberlin Heritage Center was recently awarded $2,000 as a part of the Ohio History Connection’s annual Statehood Day event in Columbus. The newly procured funds will be used to launch a program to generate data reflecting the best ways to conduct self-guided tours of historic house museums. The Ohio History Fund has awarded more than $600,000 in funding to historical organizations across the state since 2012.

Performers Complement Exhibition with Flute Selections

Associate Professor of Flute Alexa Still and several Oberlin Conservatory flute majors will perform solos and chamber pieces to accompany the exhibition Women Bound and Unbound on Thursday, March 7 from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at the Allen Memorial Art Museum. The exhibition was coordinated by five Oberlin faculty members from various departments. The pieces displayed will explore ideas of “women as mothers, sinners, saints, witches, warriors, citizens, socialites, and sometimes simply as bodies,” according to the event description.