Security Notebook

Thursday, April 4, 2019

11:10 a.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist a student with an injured ankle at the Professional Services Building. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

3:15 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student in the basement of Wilder Hall. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Friday, April 5, 2019

2:04 p.m. Dining staff reported a panini press missing from the Rathskellar in Wilder Hall.

Saturday, April 6, 2019

10:34 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Langston Hall. The alarm was activated by a roof duct detector. No fire or smoke was observed. An electrician was called for repair and the alarm was reset.

Sunday, April 7, 2019

1:37 a.m. Some students reported they were approached in Tappan Square by two non-College individuals who were making unwelcome comments. The students reported that the individuals were last seen on the second floor of East Hall. Officers responded and located the individuals at Forest Street and South Professor Street, where they were identified. Both denied making comments. The individuals were advised to leave the area.

11:57 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was ill from alcohol consumption on the third floor of South Hall. The student was able to correctly answer all the questions, and it was determined that the individual was able to stay in their room for the night.

Monday, April 8, 2019

9:33 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the first floor of Kahn Hall. Smoke from cooking activated the alarm. No fire was observed, and the alarm was reset.

1:02 p.m. Staff reported a hole in the wall by the north entrance of Langston Hall. Officers responded and observed a wood pallet leaning up against the wall, which appeared to be the cause of the hole. A work order was filed for repair.

1:11 p.m. Staff at the Kohl Building reported vandalism to the elevator plate on the third floor. The elevator plate was struck with an unknown object and dented. The incident is currently under investigation.

7:31 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from outside of Fairchild House sometime over the last several days.