Security Notebook

Thursday, April 18, 2019

3:02 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a Life Safety inspection at an Elm Street Village House. A substance consistent with marijuana, a pipe, a grinder, and rolling papers were observed in plain view. All items were confiscated and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

Friday, April 19, 2019

10:43 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with a Life Safety inspection at a Lorain Street Village House. A grinder, a glass bong, a mason jar containing a substance consistent with marijuana, and rolling papers were confiscated and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

3:02 p.m. An officer on routine patrol noticed that some parking signs in Hollywood parking lot had been spray-painted. A work order was filed.

11:44 p.m. An officer on routine patrol observed students smoking from a glass bong by the west side of the concession stand of the Knowlton Athletics Complex. The bong was confiscated and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

Saturday, April 20, 2019

9:13 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was ill from marijuana consumption in Wilder Hall. An ambulance was called, and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

10:18 p.m. An officer was requested to assist a student who was experiencing side effects from consuming a marijuana edible. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

10:33 p.m. Officers were informed that a student had checked in to Mercy Allen Hospital because they were feeling ill from marijuana consumption. Officers transported the student back to their dorm later that night.

Sunday, April 21, 2019

12:19 a.m. Officers responded to a loud noise complaint at a Village Housing Unit. Approximately 80 to 90 people were observed at an unauthorized party. Numerous bottles of alcohol were observed, as well as a beer pong table. The area was cleared of attendees, and the residents were not located.

12:43 a.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was ill from consuming a marijuana edible. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, April 22, 2019

7:21 a.m. The custodial manager reported a discharged fire extinguisher on the floor in Bibbins Hall. Officers concluded the extinguisher fell from the hanger and accidentally discharged. The fire extinguisher was replaced.

1:40 p.m. The grounds manager reported lawn damage at a Village House on North Professor Street. It appeared someone had parked in the wet lawn and created ruts when attempting to back out.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

2:48 a.m. Officers, members of the Oberlin Police Department, members of the Oberlin Fire Department, and an ambulance responded to a 911 call from an ill student in Keep Cottage. The student advised there had been a misunderstanding with a nurse hotline and that the hotline contacted 911. The student advised they were feeling better and declined treatment at this time.