Security Report

Thursday, Sept. 5, 2019

7:30 p.m. Campus Safety officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. Smoke from overheated cooking oil activated the smoke detector. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

Friday, Sept. 6, 2019

10:38 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith Village Housing Unit. Wind coming in from an open window possibly caused the alarm to activate. The detector was checked and determined to be working fine, and the alarm was silenced and reset.

11:53 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student at a Village House on Elm Street. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019

12:19 a.m. Officers responded to assist a student who fell off their skateboard on the east side of Finney Chapel. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

2:01 a.m. A resident of a Union Street Housing Unit reported two unknown individuals looking through their window, possibly taking a picture. Officers responded and checked the area but could not locate the subjects.

11:48 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department were called to the Cox Administration Building to assist a staff member stuck in the elevator. An electrician also responded. The staff member was assisted from the elevator. An “out of order” sign was placed on the elevator.

10:01 p.m. Students reported being harassed by three high school-aged juveniles in the area around the Conservatory. Officers from Campus Safety and the Oberlin Police Department responded, patrolling the area, but the juveniles were not located. Students were advised to call officers if the juveniles returned.

11:46 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student outside a Union Street Housing Unit. An ambulance was requested, and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019

5:28 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who fell off their skateboard in front of South Hall. The student was assisted to the Campus Safety vehicle and transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment for an injured ankle.

Monday, Sept. 9, 2019

12:40 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who was having an allergic reaction to food that they had consumed. The student was transported to the Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room for treatment.

5:45 p.m. A student reported the theft of their unlocked bicycle from the bike rack on the south side of the Carnegie Building. The bicycle is a white road bike with red and yellow handlebars, built by the owner, and valued at approximately $70.