Security Report

Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021

3:04 p.m. A student reported the theft of their laptop from Azariah’s Café between the hours of 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Nov. 3. The laptop is an HP Envy x360 with a green alien sticker and is valued at approximately $900.

Friday, Nov. 5, 2021

2:48 p.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist a student who fell off their bicycle on the east side of Severance Hall. The student stated that they were riding, missed the sidewalk, and fell, scraping their knee and ankle. The student was provided with first aid.

6:34 p.m. A student reported a table cloth fire in Talcott Hall during an event. Officers responded; the fire was extinguished by servers prior to officers’ arrival. The Oberlin Fire Department was notified.

7:03 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who cut their finger while cooking at East Hall. The bleeding had stopped, and officers provided first aid to disinfect and bandage the finger.

Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021

2:33 p.m. Officers were requested at Talcott Hall to assist a student who was not feeling well. An ambulance was called and the student was taken to Mercy Allen Hospital emergency room for treatment.

9:48 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. Smoke from cooking activated the detector. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

Monday, Nov. 8, 2021

6:35 a.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm in the basement of Talcott Hall. Steam from a manhole leak on the west side of the building activated the alarm. HVAC technicians also responded for repairs.

Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021

8:18 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Union Street Housing Unit. Smoke from overheated cooking oil activated the alarm. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.