Queer Peer Support

Back to Article
Back to Article

Queer Peer Support

From left to right: College seniors Jessie Smit, Dana Kurzer-Yashin and Emily Heck and College juniors Anna Maria Stebbins
and Hannah Jackel-Dewhurst at the Oberlin College Peer Support Center. The Peer Support Center held an event
Wednesday evening for students to write to incarcerated members of the LGBTQ community. The dozens of students
who attended wrote encouraging letters and postcards for the southwest Ohio chapter of Black and Pink, an organization
dedicated to supporting queer people in prison while actively working to dismantle the Prison Industrial Complex.

From left to right: College seniors Jessie Smit, Dana Kurzer-Yashin and Emily Heck and College juniors Anna Maria Stebbins and Hannah Jackel-Dewhurst at the Oberlin College Peer Support Center. The Peer Support Center held an event Wednesday evening for students to write to incarcerated members of the LGBTQ community. The dozens of students who attended wrote encouraging letters and postcards for the southwest Ohio chapter of Black and Pink, an organization dedicated to supporting queer people in prison while actively working to dismantle the Prison Industrial Complex.

Photo by Rick Yu, Photo editor

Photo by Rick Yu, Photo editor

Photo by Rick Yu, Photo editor

Victoria Garber, Arts Editor