Cleveland Orchestra Brings Beethoven to Finney Chapel

The Cleveland Orchestra, conducted by Music Director Franz Welser-Möst, visited Oberlin
Tuesday night to play an all-Beethoven concert in Finney Chapel featuring pieces like the Coriolan
Overture and Symphony No. 5 in C Minor. The Cleveland Orchestra’s visit to Oberlin is a cornerstone
of the Artist Recital Series, and comes mere weeks after Oberlin Conservatory students joined
members of the Cleveland Orchestra, Credo Music, and Cleveland Institute of Music students to
play a benefit concert to raise money for hurricane relief. This year, the Cleveland Orchestra is
celebrating its centennial season.

The Cleveland Orchestra, conducted by Music Director Franz Welser-Möst, visited Oberlin Tuesday night to play an all-Beethoven concert in Finney Chapel featuring pieces like the Coriolan Overture and Symphony No. 5 in C Minor. The Cleveland Orchestra’s visit to Oberlin is a cornerstone of the Artist Recital Series, and comes mere weeks after Oberlin Conservatory students joined members of the Cleveland Orchestra, Credo Music, and Cleveland Institute of Music students to play a benefit concert to raise money for hurricane relief. This year, the Cleveland Orchestra is celebrating its centennial season.

Photo by Bryan Rubin, Photo Editor

Photo by Bryan Rubin, Photo Editor