Security Notebook

Thursday, April 26, 2018

10:50 a.m. A staff member reported non-offensive graffiti behind the home-stand bleachers and on the press box at the Knowlton Athletics Complex. A work order was filed for removal.

2:00 p.m. A construction employee reported non-offensive graffiti on the Hall Auditorium Annex. An unknown person(s) spray-painted the building and adaptable walls.

Friday, April 27, 2018

1:15 a.m. Safety and Security officers reported an individual lying in the middle of Woodland Street in front of the Science Center. The officers contacted the student who said they fell off the back of another student while “goofing around.” The student, who was under the influence of alcohol, received a laceration above their eye and was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

2:47 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a student passed out in the hallway on the second floor of Noah Hall. Officers contacted the student, who was under the influence of alcohol and had several abrasions on their leg. The individual was walked to their room for the night.

11:34 a.m. Allen Memorial Art Museum security officers were advised of a student who felt ill at the museum. The student declined medical assistance and went back to class.

6:38 p.m. A student reported a large black trunk, containing a large white cloth that belongs to the Dance department, missing from Fairchild Chapel where it was stored. Officers conducted a search of the area for the missing trunk with negative results.

8:06 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in South Hall. When officers entered the building, they detected a strong odor consistent with burnt marijuana and air freshener. The area was cleared and alarm reset.

11:27 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department assisted two individuals stuck in an elevator at South Hall. The elevator was opened, and the students exited. The elevator was shut down until repairs could be made.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

1:40 a.m. Officers and paramedics assisted with a student ill from alcohol consumption. The student declined further medical treatment and went to their room for the night.

2:15 a.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Dascomb Hall. There was no fire present, but the area smelled of smoke. The area was cleared and the alarm reset.

12:47 p.m. Campus dining staff reported a bag found on a table in the Stevenson Dining Hall kitchen that contained a green leafy substance consistent with marijuana. Officers transported the item to the Office of Safety and Security, where it was picked up by members of the Oberlin Police Department.