Security Notebook

Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018

3:21 p.m. Campus Safety officers were requested to assist a student in the Rice Hall parking lot who was injured after falling off a scooter. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Friday, Nov. 9, 2018

9:04 a.m. Officers, members of the Oberlin Fire Department, and members of Oberlin’s Facilities staff were requested to assist a staff member stuck in an elevator in South Hall. The staff member was assisted out of the elevator.

2:12 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a safety inspection in an Elm Street Village House. Two smoke detectors were found bagged, and the bags were removed. A glass pipe containing a substance consistent with marijuana was observed in plain view. The pipe was turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018

12:04 p.m. A resident of East Hall reported smelling smoke on the third floor. Officers responded and found a resident burning incense in their room with a bagged smoke detector. The bag was removed and the incense was confiscated.

4:49 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018

8:02 a.m. A student had an allergic reaction in Lord Saunders and was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Monday, Nov. 12, 2018

8:21 p.m. Officers retrieved a yellow bollard sleeve and returned it to its respective location near the Oberlin Bookstore.

5:51 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Keep Cottage. While there, officers were informed of an unresponsive student on the third floor. CPR was administered by officers and paramedics. The student was revived and transported to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018

1:25 p.m. Officers were requested to assist with a safety inspection at a Union Street Village Housing Unit. A glass pipe containing a substance consistent with marijuana was confiscated and turned over to Oberlin Police. Two incense holders were transported to the Campus Safety office.

2:45 p.m. A student reported the theft of thier bike which was locked to a bike rack near Noah Hall at the time of the theft.