Update from Student Senate

Student Senate

The Office of the President has donated $5,000 to the creation of a Community-Building Fund for the Oberlin College Community. If you have suggestions as to how this money should be allocated, please contact Student Senate at [email protected].

Using the Community-Building Fund, Student Senate is organizing two special TGIFs for the purpose of unifying the existing Oberlin community and also warmly welcoming admitted students during All Roads Lead to Oberlin.

The Senate has voted (12–3) to approve the new Student Financial System charter, which eliminates Article XI — otherwise known as the Alternative Funding Mechanism — from the previous charter. The charter is now up for a vote of approval by the Student Life General Faculty Committee.

College sophomore Peter Arden has replaced College senior Lauren Vandemortel as the chair of the Student Health Working Group. Please contact Peter at [email protected] if you have any student health-related questions or concerns.

The Real Food Working Group is getting to work and is looking for more interested members. If you’re interested in crafting food policy at Oberlin centered on sustainability concerns, please contact Chair College senior Tani Colbert-Sangree at [email protected].

The Senate Referendum has been sent out to all students’ email accounts, and the results are currently being analyzed. They will be reported and published soon.