Security Notebook

Thursday, June 24, 2021

4:56 p.m. Facilities staff reported damage to a service garage in the Service Building’s south parking lot. The door appeared to have been struck by a vehicle.  

Friday, June 25, 2021

11:16 a.m. A student requested assistance from a Campus Safety officer after unsuccessfully attempting to reach the Student Health Center to treat an injured ankle. The officer wrapped their ankle with a bandage and advised them to seek additional medical assistance if the pain continued.

3:23 p.m. Staff reported that it appeared as though someone had unsuccessfully attempted to break into the locked area underneath the Clark Bandstand. A work order was filed to have landscape fencing repaired.

Saturday, June 26, 2021

8:58 a.m. An officer on patrol of the Weltzheimer/Johnson House noticed a green bag had been thrown onto the overhang of the roof. A work order was filed for removal.

3:10 p.m. An officer on patrol of Warner Concert Hall and the Conservatory Library observed graffiti etched into a cement area. The officers scratched the graffiti out.

11:23 p.m. Officers were requested to assist a student who fell off the stage at the Dionysus Disco while going down the steps. The student was not able to walk and was transported by ambulance to Mercy Allen Hospital for treatment.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

2:10 a.m. Oberlin Police officers requested that Campus Safety officers meet them at the Arboretum after they received a call from an individual who said they were lost in the area. The officers located the individual, who was unharmed.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

9:48 p.m. Students reported that they were harassed by two men driving by in a vehicle while they were walking in Tappan Square. The students were not able to describe the vehicle or the individuals. The Oberlin Police Department was notified.