Security Notebook

Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021

12:40 a.m. Campus Safety Officers were requested to assist a student ill from alcohol consumption at East Hall. Officers spoke with the student, who was able to answer all questions asked. The student stated that they would call Campus Safety if they started to feel worse.

11:18 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with an ill employee in Stevenson Dining Hall. An ambulance was requested and the employee was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital’s emergency room for treatment.

3:23 p.m. Officers were requested to transport an ill student from the Student Health Center to Mercy Allen Hospital’s emergency room. The transport was completed.

Friday, Oct. 15, 2021

4:49 p.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members responded to a fire alarm at Wright Laboratory of Physics. The area was checked and cleared. An electrician responded and resolved the issue. The alarm was reset with no further problem. 

6:14 p.m. A resident of Burton Hall reported a gas smell in the building. Officers, Oberlin Fire Department members, and a maintenance technician responded. OFD members did not detect any gas with their meter and maintenance tech could not find any visible leaks. A work order was filed.

Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021

2:26 a.m. Officers were requested to assist with an intoxicated student between Peters Hall and Cox Administration Building. An ambulance was requested. The student was checked by paramedics and declined transport to the hospital. 

11:25 a.m. Officers and Oberlin Fire Department members assisted a student who had passed out at Philips gym. The student was transported by ambulance to Mercy Allen Hospital. 

7:43 p.m. Officers were requested to assist an ill student at Noah Hall. An ambulance was requested and the student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital’s emergency room.

Monday, Oct. 18, 2021

11:37 a.m. Officers, Oberlin Fire Department members, and an electrician responded to a fire alarm at Johnson House. A contractor stated that they were testing the heating system and a buildup of steam activated the alarm. The alarm was placed on bypass until the testing was completed.

3:30 p.m. A student reported the theft of their bicycle from the bike rack outside of Fairchild House. The bicycle is a 10-speed, gray, Infinity Superior. The bicycle is valued at $377. 

Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021

8:18 a.m. Officers responded to Dascomb Hall to assist an ill student. The student was transported to Mercy Allen Hospital’s emergency room for treatment.

Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2021

8:51 a.m. Conservatory staff reported damage to a piano in David H. Stull Recital Hall. The finish and wood of the piano’s fallboard was damaged and will cost an estimated $500 or more to fix.