Weekly Senate Update

Student Senate

Student Senate is excited to start off the new semester with the addition of seven newly elected Senators: College junior Peter Arden, College junior Hope Kassen, College sophomore Jesse Kohler, College junior Rachel Manning, first-year Emma Snape, College sophomore Mia Wallace and College sophomore Harrison Wollman. Congratulations to all of the candidates for participating in a very competitive race, and thank you to everyone who voted. Total voter turnout reached 806 voters.

In its first meeting, the new Senate passed a resolution supporting a $10 annual increase to the Green EDGE Fund. The proposed increase will go towards the creation of a Carbon Management Fund that has already begun implementing projects that will help the College reach carbon neutrality by 2025. Just as in previous years, the GREEN Fee is not a mandatory payment and can be waived if any student chooses to do so.

Senate is excited to promote three events during the upcoming week. First, Koffee with Krislov will be taking place on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 p.m. in Azariah’s Café. This is an opportunity for students to come and have an informal conversation with President Krislov while enjoying free coffee and cookies.

Two open forums will be held to allow students to discuss the newly proposed Sexual Offense Policy. These forums will take place Feb. 25 and Feb. 27 at 12:20 p.m. in Dye Lecture Hall (formerly known as West Lecture Hall).

We’re excited for the new semester! Please make sure to check the Senate website to see every senator’s office hours. We also invite you to attend our plenary sessions, which are open to the public and held every Sunday; the first will be at 7 p.m. on Feb. 22 in Wilder Hall 215.