What You Missed Over Break

Simeon Deutsch

Sophomore Joshua Urso cross the finish line at the Inter-Regional Rumble on Oct. 19. He finished 29th out of 288 runners in the men’s varsity 8K.

Rose Stoloff, Sports Editor

Cross Country – The men’s and women’s cross country teams hosted more than 30 teams at the annual Inter-Regional Rumble. Amid mud and rainstorms, and supported by Oberlin’s Taiko drummers, the men and women finished thirteenth out of 31 and fifth out of 34 respectively.

Men’s Soccer – Men’s soccer continued its impressive charge toward the playoffs, defeating the DePauw University Tigers 0–1. Despite a disappointing loss to the Denison University Big Red, the Yeomen came back to tie with Ohio Wesleyan University last Sunday, unseating the Battling Bishops from their number one seat in the country.

Women’s Soccer – Despite achieving less than satisfactory results, the Yeowomen worked hard over break and played three games against DePauw University, The College of Wooster and Ohio Wesleyan University.

Volleyball – The Yeowomen had two exciting victories over break. They began the week by defeating the Kenyon College Ladies and ended it by hosting a tournament in which they defeated The College of Wooster Fighting Scots. First-year Hannah Tyburski was honored for her performance by being named the North Coast Athletic Conference’s player of the week.

Field Hockey – Field hockey began fall break with a bang by handily defeating Earlham College 1–4. The Yeowomen kept busy playing four more games against DePauw University, Bethany College, The College of Wooster and Kenyon College, though they were not able to achieve any more victories.