Established 1874.

The Oberlin Review

Security Notebook

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017

12:30 p.m. Safety and Security Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at a Goldsmith Village Housing Unit. Smoke from cooking caused the alarm, which was reset.

1:50 p.m. A resident of South Hall reported water seeping into their room from the bathroom next door. An emergency work order was filed.

Friday, Nov. 17, 2017

9:58 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the third floor kitchen of Dascomb Hall. Smoke from burnt popcorn caused the alarm, which was reset.

Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017

4:59 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the second floor kitchen of Langston Hall. Smoke from cooking caused the alarm, which was reset.

Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017

12:20 a.m. Officers assisted a student, ill from alcohol consumption, on the second floor of Harkness House. The student responded to questions and walked back to their room for the night.

11:26 a.m. A resident of a Woodland Street Village Housing Unit reported that (an) unknown person(s) kicked down the back door to their residence. No entry was made into the house, but the door was moved off the frame. Maintenance Tech responded and made a temporary repair to the door. A work order was filed for repair.

Monday, Nov. 20, 2017

4:57 a.m. Staff members reported that the door to access Crane Pool at Hales Gymnasium was damaged. Officers responded.

10:00 p.m. A student reported that they burned their abdomen with a hot tray while working at Hales Gymnasium. The student sought treatment at Student Health Services.

Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017

11:26 p.m. Officers assisted a student, ill from alcohol consumption, at Firelands Apartments. The student was able to answer questions and was walked back to their room by the officers. A bottle containing a plastic bag with a green, leafy substance consistent with marijuana was in plain view in the room and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017

4:15 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Dascomb Hall. Smoke from burnt food caused the alarm, which was reset.

7:40 p.m. Officers and members of the Oberlin Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the second floor of Kahn Hall. Smoke from burnt food caused the alarm, which was reset.

Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017

10:05 a.m. An officer observed graffiti on the exterior of Keep Cottage by the Bike Co-Op. A work order was filed for removal.

Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017

4:01 p.m. A student reported a strong odor coming from a bathroom on the third floor of Kahn Hall. A student in the bathroom claimed to be cleaning bongs and denied smoking anything. The bongs were confiscated and turned over to the Oberlin Police Department.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

Please keep all comments respectful and relevant. The Review does not allow comments containing profanity, foul language, personal attacks, hate speech or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are only published at the discretion of a moderator.




Established 1874.